About Me

My Photo
Originally from Vermont, I now live in North Carolina. My work can be found in recent issues of REAL: Regarding Arts and Letters, The Jabberwock Review, The Emerson Review, Storyglossia, The MacGuffin, Confrontation, Passages North, SmokeLong Quarterly, elimae, wigleaf, Pank, and Gargoyle #57, among others. One of my stories has been translated into Farsi by Asadollah Amraee, and many others by Jalil Jafari, two of which have been published in the Iranian journal, Golestaneh Magazine. Currently, I'm an assistant editor for Narrative Magazine. I'm also working on two novels and a short story collection. In 2011, I was awarded the Carol Houck Smith Contributor Scholarship for the Bread Loaf Writers' Conference.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Illuminate

Books I read in May:


“The Evil B.B. Chow” by Steve Almond

“Towelhead” by Alicia Erian

“The Perfect Stranger and Other Stories” by Roxana Robinson

“In My Other Life,” stories by Joan Silber

“Come Up and See Me Sometime,” stories by Erika Krouse

“The First Desire” by Nancy Reisman

“Stop That Girl” by Elizabeth McKenzie

“Case Histories” by Kate Atkinson

“Asking for Love” by Roxana Robinson

“A Glimpse of Scarlet” by Roxana Robinson

“People I Wanted to Be” by Gina Ochsner

I liked all of my book choices this month but I especially loved the elegance and kick-ass writing of the Robinson collections; loved the wild symbolism of the Ochsner collection; enjoyed the fun of "Case Histories;" and loved the fun of "Stop That Girl."

4 comments:

Myfanwy Collins said...

You are amazing. I'm always inspired your reading habits!

katrina said...

Aw. Thanks, Myf! It's fun we have similar tastes.

Sharon Hurlbut said...

How on earth do you find time to read so much? I'm lucky if I can squeeze in one novel and a couple of lit mags every two weeks. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on what you've read!

Jai said...

I don't know how you get the time!